Hi, My name is Kezia (Kizzy-uh)
I am a goal success “life” coach.
And I don’t have all my sh*t together.
For so long, I thought that to be a life coach, you had to have your whole life together, not realizing how unrealistic that is. I set expectations for my own self that really wasn’t fair. As a goal success coach, I’ve studied the art of setting SMART goals, which requires your goal to be realistic and attainable. Nobody is perfect. Not even the most successful and wealthy life coach in existence.
Over the past few years, I’ve learned a lot of tips and strategies to enhance personal growth and development. I’ve taken a lot of what I’ve learned and have implemented in into my daily routine and have seen results. But, here I am 4 years later, still trying to get my life ALL the way together. Of course, life will throw you a few surprises here and there AND it is inevitable that we will experience setbacks and disappointments. Many of them in fact. But, what I’ve realized is that the past few years, I’ve allowed my setbacks and disappointments to literally hold me back. Instead of pushing through and growing through the growing pains, I would just stop. Days, weeks and sometimes months would go by before I would get back on track .
December 31st, like most of the world, I turned over a new leaf. I don’t know what it is about 2020, but it just felt like I was being provided a clean slate by God & the universe. It’s like, I was given another chance to start over. And, let me tell you I have been going strong so far. We’re only two months in, but I’ve already experienced some amazing wins and a few setbacks as well. But, I’m proud of myself, because I have practiced what I preach. I have kept going!
8 Things I’m Doing That is Helping Me to Keep Going:
- Prioritizing self-care
- Cut back on eating fast food and caffeine
- Not being too hard on myself. If I make a mistake, it’s okay. If I miss a day, it’s okay.
- Not giving myself time to entertain excuses.
- Utilize Mel Robbins’ 5 Second Rule: Countdown from 5 and just do it! This is a great strategy to begin training your mind to shift focus from negative thoughts (excuses) and to focus on the positive instead.
There is one thing that has made all 8 so powerful for me. Consistantcy! The fact that I have done all 8 consistently has helped to:
- Feel level-headed
- Manage stress better
- Get more things done!
- Feel emotionally lighter & happier!
- My prayer life/relationship with God is getting stronger
- Manifested some amazing things already! (God blessed that I got a raise on my job in less than 6 months, I’ve added weights at the gym, I’ve checked something off my bucket list and had my first discovery call with a potential client!)
The key to getting YOUR whole life together is to do something different and to be consistent!
If you feel stuck or like 2020 is not starting off so great, I encourage you to try something different and to stick with it for awhile. Don’t give up on it so soon. And, when you accomplish a goal, or even a step.. celebrate. It’s okay to be proud of yourself & celebrate. But even so, the key is to KEEP GOING!
That being said, I can’t wait to see what else is to come in 2020!