Have you ever felt stuck in multiple OR every area of your life ALL at once?
At the beginning of 2019 I set my goals and I was determined to slay each and every of them! And you know what, I started off strong. First 3 months, I was killing it. April came, and I began to lose momentum. May came I began to feel stuck, but kept pushing! And, then June came and well, I’ve just been feeling plain stuck, in every area of my life. Now, if that is not discouraging, I don’t know what is.
Now, there are a variety of things you can do to help you get unstuck. You can exercise, meditate, take a vacation, journal, etc. All of those things can be helpful in getting unstuck. But, what I want to share with you today is that “feeling stuck” is like a symptom to a bigger problem. So, think of the above examples as ways to treat the symptom and what I am about to share with you as a way to treat the root of the issue!
1) You’re feeling stuck. And, that’s okay. Everyone experiences this at some point in their life. The first thing I want you to realize, is that feeling stuck, is just that. It is a feeling. It is not an accurate indication of where you actually are. If you’ve been making moves, putting in work, taking actions steps to achieve your goals, then you are not stuck. Even if you’ve just been going round and round in circles. No matter how it feels, you are not stuck!
2) Okay, so you’re probably thinking, if I’m not stuck then, where am I? You are in transition. You are in unfamiliar territory. You are in route. Regardless of where you are, you are not where you began and if you’re feeling stuck, then you’re likely not where you desire to be. So, you need to make sure that you have a clear vision of where you would like to be. To do this, I would suggest meditation to clear your mind and a visualization exercise to get a clear picture of where you want to be.
3) After you’ve taken time to identify and clarify where you want to be, then it is time to re-create the plan. If you have set goals without an action plan, that could be a reason why you are feeling stuck. If you have a plan, but are struggling to execute the steps along the way, that could be why you are feeling stuck. So, I need you to know that it is okay to stop and re-calibrate. It is okay to re-adjust, to re-create the plan and to align. Go back and see what is not working, why it is not working and try something else! What you do today should be in alignment with what you desire to manifest tomorrow.
4) Do something different. If you keep doing what you’ve always done, chances are, you will continue to generate the same results. The point of re-creating your plan, is to ensure that you do something different. Take a risk. Step outside of your comfort zone. Stop waiting for a perfect time or to feel a certain way and just go for it!
5) Be consistent. Remember that feeling stuck is just a “feeling.” You won’t feel that way forever. Keep moving in the direction of your dreams, and eventually you will get there. And, remember this: Everything is not always as it appears to be on the surface, and if the challenges are increasing, then you’re probably closer than you think!