You said 2020 was going to be your year . The year you will finally take a leap of faith and pursue your dreams. But so far, most of us wish we could unplug 2020, wait 20 seconds and plug it back in again. I mean, on top of our own excuses, Jan – March alone has given us a few more reason to feel discourage and to procrastinate.
But, I encourage you to consider this..
You CAN unplug and hit the reset button on 2020.
Yes, you read that right. You can unplug and hit the reset button on 2020.. It begins with YOU make a conscious decision to SHIFT your mindset.
You can shift your MINDSET by:
1) Changing your focus. Focus more on the positive things in life and less on the negative .
- Set limits. LIMIT the amount of time you allow yourself to indulge in the news via social media and television.
- While practicing social distancing, THINK about the individuals and environments in your life that are TOXIC and consider how you have distance yourself from those people or environments even after this current challenge has calmed.
- JOURNAL daily to help you release, become aware of and to process your thoughts and emotions.
- MEDITATE daily to help gain CLARITY and CONTROL aka AWARENESS of your thoughts. That way, you will recognize when negative thoughts bombard your mind and then replace it with a positive thought. And then, in that moment, continue to meditate on that positive thought.
Shifting your mindset is really just shifting your focus, by shifting your thoughts, over and over again. It sounds like an easy concept at surface level, but please hear me on this.. It takes work. It takes consistantcy. Sometimes, you have to do the DIRTY work to gain leverage over NEGATIVE thoughts.
If you find yourself struggle with the same negative thoughts/limiting beliefs, here’s what I suggest you do:
- Make a list of reoccurring negative thoughts and limiting beliefs
- For each thought/belief, write down a positive AFFIRMATION that you will remember. Write out that affirmation EVERY day for the next 21 days.
- Every time that negative thought or belief comes to mind, repeat the affirmation to yourself 10 times. When your first starting at, I encourage quoting the affirmation out load when possible. If the negative thought or limiting belief is about YOU specifically, rather than a particular situation/scenario, practice quoting the affirmations to yourself as you look at your reflection in the mirror. Another idea you can try; record yourself repeating the affirmations 10+ times and then listen to the recordings as you meditate (use headphones for best experience).
The more you do this, the EASIER it will become to RECOGNIZE (awareness) the negative thoughts/limiting beliefs and to COMBAT it.
To hit the RESET button on 2020, we must shift our THINKING/PERSPECTIVE of ourselves and of 2020.. IF you shift your mindset, you’ll be able to see the OPPORTUNITIES that may come as a result of the challenges we have and currently are facing. For example, many people have had a SIDE-HUSTLE or business idea that they’ve been wanting to start, but have yet to start because of their limiting belief that they CAN’T because they don’t have enough time. Those who have shifted there focus enough to see an opportunity have already started working on their business idea because they SEE the opportunity of TIME. Even if temporary, they have time NOW to START and to strategize a plan that will allow them to continue their pursuit AFTER things begin to return back to normal.
The fact is, we are living in chaotic, uncomfortable and uncertain times. BUT, even in this there is still HOPE and OPPORTUNITY. If you make the decide to shift your mindset, you will see it.
Thanks for reading! Like, Share, Comment & Tag a Friend who needs this encouragement today.